Saturday, July 3, 2021

Behold, I Will Both Search For My Sheep And Feed Them - Part 2780

"For thus saith the Lord God, "Behold; I, [even] I, will both search for My sheep and seek them out. As a shepherd seeks out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out My sheep, and will deliver them out of the places when they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day. And I will bring them out from the people, and gather them to their own land, and feed them upon the mountains of Israel by the rivers, and in all the inhabited places of the country. I will feed them in a good pasture, and upon the high mountains of Israel shall their fold be: there shall they lie in a good fold, and in a fat pasture shall they feed upon the mountains of Israel. I will feed My flock and and I will cause them to lie down," saith the Lord God. (Ezekiel 34:11-1)

When did the Lord God who created us in the beginning first seek a relationship with His beloved? Moreover, when did the Lord God not only search for His sheep (which is you and I) but deliberately and diligently seek His sheep/you and I out? And feed them/us? And deliver them/us out of the places when they/we have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day?

Throughout the Old Testament, the Lord God told His people that He would become their Saviour. That from the very beginning, even before the world was formed, He had a plan wherein He would bring us salvation. His redemption message wherein we could be saved because of how much He loved us.

Jesus said, "For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost." (Luke 19:10)

Jesus also said, "I am the door: by Me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture." (John 10:9) 

In other words, whilst the Spirit of the Lord God was moving upon the waters in Genesis, He was also thinking forward to His beloved in this current dispensation of grace, wherein He, the Lord was going to pitch the tent. Wherein He was going to do a brand new work.

And, as a consequence of His amazing love, we can continually commune with our God our Saviour, for He has made a way when there was no way. 

"But now thus saith the Lord that created thee, "O Jacob, and He that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art Mine. When thou pass through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walk through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. For I am the Lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour:" (Isaiah 43:1-3)

For I am the Lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel -- our Saviour -- and He will feed His flock and deliver us out of the places where we have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day, for as He said when He walked this earth, "I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee!"

Jesus - King of kings and Lord of lords, Alpha and Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the ending.

Stand in the offering plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment