Friday, March 26, 2021

In This Was Manifested The Love Of God Toward Us - Part 2766

 "I, even I am, the Lord thy God and beside Me, there is no Saviour." (Isaiah 43:11) 

"O God the Lord, the strength of my salvation." (Psalm 149:5) 

"For the Lord is a great God and a Great King above all gods." (Psalm 95:5)

In the old testament, there was never any question that there was any god other than One and Only Living God. Most certainly, there was never a God with three heads, or a triad that would lead to a teaching that this One God was divided in three persons. In the first commandment, for example (and reaffirmed by Jesus in the new testament), we understand His command to us -- "Hear O Israel, the Lord thy God is One Lord. Love the Lord with all thy heart, with all thy soul, with all thy mind and with all thy strength and love one another." (Deuteronomy 6:4; Mark 12:29-31)

Does this not explain why the Jews sought to kill Jesus -- because He not only had broken the sabbath but said also that God was His Father making Himself equal with God? (John 5:17) How does Jesus reply?

"My Father works hitherto, and I work ..." 

In other words, the timeline was established. The Father who created the world was now handing all authority over to Jesus ... when He said, "This day have I begotten Thee." Jesus said the same in Matthew 28:18 -- "All power is given unto Me in heaven and in earth .." 

All power! 

"Thine O Lord is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty; for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is Thine; Thine is the kingdom O Lord and Thou art exalted as Head above all." (I Chronicles 29:11)

This is why Jesus (Head of the body of Christ church) could say, "Come unto Me all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me, for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." (Matthew 11:28-30) 

This is why Jesus said, "I am the bread of life."

Jesus said, " I am the light of the world." (John 8:12) 

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life."

Because Jesus is the King of kings and Lord of lords, the Alpha and Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the ending. 

Moreover, as apostle Pauls states, "But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, [even] the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory, which none of this world knew, for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory." (I Corinthians 2:7-8) 

This same Jesus that Peter (standing with the apostles on the day of Pentecost) declared, "This same Jesus whom ye have crucified is both Lord and Christ. (Acts 2:36)

Sadly, some stop seeking the truth upon hearing the term 'mystery' explaining that the Godhead is a mystery and therefore not intended to be understood. Clearly, these have not read I Timothy 3:16, wherein the mystery is fully explained. These have not read that Jesus Himself has said, "I and My Father are One!" (John 10:30) Or that if ye have seen Me, ye have seen the Father and know Him. (John 14:6-12)

Nevertheless, the scriptures are clear. 

"And without controversy, great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels,  preached unto the Gentiles believed on in the world, received up into glory." (I Timothy 3:16)

When was God manifest in the flesh? 

The answer? At that moment in time, when the Lord God specifically said, "Thou art My Son; this day have I begotten Thee!" In the scriptures, this was prophesied in Psalm 2:7, and then later repeated (confirmed) in Acts 13:33, John 3:15-18, Hebrews 1:5, Hebrews 5:5, I John 4:9, I John 5:1, Revelation 1:5) 

"He was in the world and the world was made by Him and the world knew Him not. He came unto His own and His own received Him not." (John 1:10:11)

Indeed, the same God who created the world willingly became our Saviour.  After the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared. (Titus 3:4-7; Isaiah 9:6)

And to confirm, we are told -- "Lo, I come in the volume of the book it is written of Me." (Psalm 40:8; Luke 24:44) 

Stand in the offering plate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment