Monday, January 13, 2020

For All This His Anger Is Not Turned Away But His Hand Is Stretched Out Still - Part 2462

"Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like Me, declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, "My counsel shall stand, and I will do all My pleasure: calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executes My counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it." (Isaiah 46:9-11)

"Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel and His redeemer the Lord of hosts, "I am the first, and I am the last; and beside Me there is no God. And who, as I, shall call, and shall declare it, and set it in order for Me, since I appointed the ancient people? and the things that are coming, and shall come, let them shew unto them. Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even My witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any." (Isaiah 44:6-8)

Yesterday, there was a discussion regarding the family unit and division of roles in stone age times. I hadn't given it a lot of thought until I opened the scriptures this morning to I Chronicles 4:22. Therein, a reference to ancient times -- wherein the Lord God has disclosed to us many highlights that are often missed -- because, like me, ancient things have not been a priority. Nevertheless, I looked up the scriptures that referenced ancient things/ancient times and list them below for your edification and learning. In some, I have included context. In other places, I have left the reader to look up these verses and discover for themselves how the same Lord God who created the world continues to call us into His love. Thus, the following for your edification!

"The sons of Shelah the son of Judah were, Er the father of Lecah, and Laadah the father of Mareshah, and the families of the house of them that wrought fine linen, of the house of Ashbea, and Jokim, and the men of Chozeba, and Joash, and Saraph, who had the dominion in Moab, and Jashubi-lehem. And these are ancient things. These were the potters, and those that dwelt among plants and hedges: there they dwelt with the king for his work." (I Chronicles 4:21-23)

" ... and for the chief things of the ancient mountains, and for the precious things of the lasting hills ..." (Deuteronomy 33:15)

"The river of Kishon swept them away, that ancient river, the river Kishon. O my soul, thou hast trodden down strength." (Judges 5:21) 

"Hast thou not heard long ago how I have done it, and of ancient times that I have formed it? now have I brought it to pass, that thou shouldest be to lay waste fenced cities into ruinous heaps." (II Kings 19:25) 

"But many of the priests and Levites and chief of the fathers, who were ancient men, that had seen the first house, when the foundation of this house was laid before their eyes, wept with a loud voice; and many shouted aloud for joy ..." (Ezra 3:12)

"Doth not the ear try words? and the mouth taste His meat? With the ancient is wisdom; and in length of days understanding. With Him is wisdom and strength, He hath counsel and understanding." (Job 12:11-13)

"I have considered the days of old, the years of ancient times." (Psalm 77:5)

"I understand more than the ancients, because I keep thy precepts." (Psalm 119:100)

"Remove not the ancient landmark, which thy fathers have set." (Proverbs 22:28) 

"For, behold, the Lord, the Lord of hosts, doth take away from Jerusalem and from Judah the stay and the staff, the whole stay of bread, and the whole stay of water, the mighty man, and the man of war, the judge, and the prophet, and the prudent, and the ancient, the captain of fifty, and the honourable man, and the counsellor, and the cunning artificer, and the eloquent orator. And I will give children to be their princes, and babes shall rule over them. And the people shall be oppressed, every one by another, and every one by his neighbour: the child shall behave himself proudly against the ancient, and the base against the honourable." (Isaiah 3:1-5)

"The Lord will enter into judgment with the ancients of His people, and the princes thereof: for ye have eaten up the vineyard; the spoil of the poor is in your houses." (Isaiah 3:14)

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon His shoulder: and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of His government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon His kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this. The Lord sent a word into Jacob, and it hath lighted upon Israel. And all the people shall know, even Ephraim and the inhabitant of Samaria, that say in the pride and stoutness of heart, "The bricks are fallen down, but we will build with hewn stones: the sycomores are cut down, but we will change them into cedars." Therefore, the Lord shall set up the adversaries of Rezin against him, and join his enemies together; the Syrians before, and the Philistines behind; and they shall devour Israel with open mouth. For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

For the people turns not unto Him that smites them, neither do they seek the Lord of hosts. Therefore, the Lord will cut off from Israel head and tail, branch and rush, in one day. The ancient and honourable, He is the head; and the prophet that teaches lies, he is the tail. For the leaders of this people cause them to err; and they that are led of them are destroyed. Therefore the Lord shall have no joy in their young men, neither shall have mercy on their fatherless and widows: for every one is an hypocrite and an evildoer, and every mouth speaks folly. For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still." (Isaiah 9:6-17)

"Surely the princes of Zoan are fools, the counsel of the wise counsellors of Pharaoh is become brutish: how say ye unto Pharaoh, "I am the son of the wise, the son of ancient kings?" (Isaiah 19:11)

"Is this your joyous city, whose antiquity is of ancient days? her own feet shall carry her afar off to sojourn." (Isaiah 23:7)

"Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the Lord of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before His ancients gloriously." (Isaiah 24:23)

"Hast thou not heard long ago, how I have done it; and of ancient times, that I have formed it? now have I brought it to pass, that thou shouldest be to lay waste defenced cities into ruinous heaps." (Isaiah 37:26)

"And who, as I, shall call, and shall declare it, and set it in order for Me, since I appointed the ancient people? and the things that are coming, and shall come, let them shew unto them." (Isaiah 44:7)

"Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the Lord? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside Me." (Isaiah 45:21)

" ... declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, "My counsel shall stand, and I will do all My pleasure." (Isaiah 46:10)

"I was wroth with My people, I have polluted Mine inheritance, and given them into thine hand: thou didst shew them no mercy; upon the ancient hast thou very heavily laid thy yoke." (Isaiah 47:6)

"Awake, awake, put on strength, O arm of the Lord; awake, as in the ancient days, in the generations of old. Art thou not it that hath cut Rahab, and wounded the dragon?" (Isaiah 51:9)

"Lo, I will bring a nation upon you from far, O house of Israel," saith the Lord: i"t is a mighty nation, it is an ancient nation, a nation whose language thou knows not, neither understands what they say." (Jeremiah 5:15)

"Because My people hath forgotten Me, they have burned incense to vanity, and they have caused them to stumble in their ways from the ancient paths, to walk in paths, in a way not cast up ... " (Jeremiah 18:15) 

The Lord said, "Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength." (Proverbs 8:14)

At the end of the day, the Lord's hand is still outstretched, calling His people to return to Him -- this same God who created the world loving His people so much that He Himself would willingly become our Saviour. His Name JESUS in this current dispensation of grace - for He shall save His people from their sins. 

"After the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared .." (Titus 3:4-7) 

Stand in the offering plate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment