Saturday, August 26, 2017

Meditate Upon These Things; Give Thyself Wholly To Them; That Thy Profiting May Appear To All - Part 1799

"Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee." (I Timothy 4:16) 

"Yet have I set My King upon My holy hill of Zion. I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, "Thou art My Son; this day have I begotten Thee. Ask of Me, and I shall give [Thee] the heathen for Thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for Thy possession. Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; Thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel. Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth. Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the Son, lest He be angry, and ye perish [from] the Way, when His wrath is kindled put a little. Blessed [are] all they that put their trust in Him." (Psalms 1:6-12)

And one cried to another, and said, "Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth full of His glory ... for mine eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts!" (Isaiah 6:3-5)

"For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is His Name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; the God of the whole earth shall He be called." (Isaiah 54:5)

Jesus said to him, "Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known Me, Philip? he that hast seen Me hath seen the Father: and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?" (John 14:6-12)

Jesus said, "I and My Father are ONE!" (John 10:30)

Clearly, Jesus told the Jews that "he that speaks of himself seeks his own glory, but h/He that seeks h/His glory that sent h/Him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in h/Him. In another place, Jesus again tells the Pharisees, "Though I bear record of Myself, yet My record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go .... I am One that bear witness of Myself, and the Father that sent Me bears witness of Me." (John 8:13-18)

But many times, the Jews sought to accuse Jesus, going so far as to hold a council against Him, scheming about how these might destroy Him. (Matthew 12:14; Mark 3:6)  Indeed, Jesus asked them, "Did not Moses give you the Law, and yet none of you keeps the Law? Why go ye about to kill Me!" (John 7:19)

As we know, the Jews herein were fully aware of Jesus' words concerning doctrine. because Jesus had told them, "My doctrine is not Mine, but His that sent Me." (John 7:16; John 3:11, 32; Matthew 11:27; John 8:14) The problem was that many choose not to hear the Word of the Lord, the Word made flesh being the Lord Jesus Christ Himself. (John 1:1-14)

To this, the ordinary people marvelled because Jesus knew letters, "having never learned." Then these answered, accusing Jesus of having a devil, and that it was the devil who was going about to kill Thee. (John 7:15-20)

So Jesus responds by telling them, "Ye neither know Me, nor My Father: if ye had known Me, ye should have known My Father also." (John 8:19; John 14:6-7; John 16:3)

This is why Jesus could say, "I and My Father are One!" (John 10:30)

My question is this. Do you know the Lord God who willingly became your Saviour?

"And for this cause, He is the mediator of the New Testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions, that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance. For where a testament [is], there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. For a testament [is] of force after men are dead: otherwise, it is of no strength at all while the testator lives. Whereupon neither the first [testament] was dedicated without blood ..." (Hebrews 9:15-18)

His Name is JESUS, for He shall save His people from their sins. Start reading your Bible today, and let His Spirit speak expressly His desire for your life today. And, as the scripture states, "Trust in the living God who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe." (I Timothy 4:10)

Stand in the offering plate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment