Friday, August 2, 2019

Jesus -- First and Last; Alpha and Omega; Beginning and Ending; Everlasting Father -- The Almighty -- Part 2399

“But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:” (I Corinthians‬ ‭2:7‬)

Jesus said, “If ye had known Me, ye should have known My Father also: and from henceforth ye know Him, and have seen Him.” (John‬ ‭14:7‬) In the same conversation, Jesus saith unto Philip, "Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known Me, Philip? he that hath seen Me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?” (John‬ ‭14:9‬)

In another place, Jesus said, “I and My Father are one.” (John‬ ‭10:30‬ )‬‬

In yet another place, Jesus said to those Jews which believed on Him, "If ye continue in My Word, [then] are ye My disciples indeed; and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." (John 8:31)

Then said they unto Him, "Where is Thy Father?" Jesus answered, "Ye neither know Me, nor My Father: if ye had known Me, ye should have known My Father also." Jesus said unto them, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM.” (John‬ ‭8:18-19) ‬ Later, Jesus said, ”I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am He, ye shall die in your sins.” (John‬ ‭8:24‬ )‬

From the scriptures, we know that Jesus is God manifest in the flesh. (I Timothy 3:16) ”For in Him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.” (Colossians‬ ‭2:9‬)‬‬Indeed, the angel of the Lord, when he declared peace and good will to one and all, the angel also said, "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call His name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.” (Matthew‬ ‭1:21-23‬)‬‬

After Jesus rose from the dead, appearing to His disciples, Thomas answered and said unto Him, "my Lord and my God.” (John‬ ‭20:28‬)

Stephen also called upon God, as the scripture states, saying, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit" (Acts 7:45, 59)

Again, “And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.” (I Timothy‬ ‭3:16‬)

In the end of the New Testament (within the book of Revelation, wherein we learn who Jesus really is) Jesus said, ”I AM Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending ... which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.” (Revelation‬ ‭1:8‬)

In Hebrews, we understand that Jesus is the brightness of [His] glory and the express image of His person. He is the image of the invisible God; God manifest in the flesh; God with us. Apostle Paul wrote, "To wit, God was in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself." (II Corinthians 5:17-19) He is our Lord and our God and as prophesied by Isaiah, "He is the everlasting Father." No other god beside Him because He -- the One and Only God -- is the Almighty!

His Name in this current dispensation of grace -- Jesus. The Name that is above every name. (Acts 4:12; Philippians 2:9) There is no other name under heaven given among men whereby we must be saved.

This same JESUS -- the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes unto the Father but by Him! (John 14:6-12) He was in the world and the world was made by Him and the world knew Him not. He came unto His own and His own received Him not. (John 1:10-11)

“Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.” (I John‬ ‭3:16‬)

Meditate upon these scriptures for your learning and edification. 

Stand in the offering plate

No comments:

Post a Comment