Thursday, August 8, 2019

And Thou Shalt Rejoice (Exeedingly Rejoice!) In Every Good Thing Which The Lord Thy God Hath Given Unto Thee, And Unto Thine House - Part 2403

"Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice. Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand. Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God ..." (Philippians 4:4-9)

"Sing unto Him, sing psalms unto Him, talk ye of all His wondrous works. Glory ye in His holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the Lord. Seek the Lord and His strength, seek His face continually." (I Chronicles 16:9-11)

There are numerous examples throughout the scriptures of rejoicing because of the goodness and mercy and kindness of our Lord God and Saviour Jesus the Christ. Some of the scriptural examples are cited below -- for your learning and edification. Most of all, be excited because we can rejoice in the Lord for all the good things He has done for us. 

In Exodus 18, Jethro rejoices because the Lord had delivered the Israelites out of Egypt. (Exodus 18:9)

In Deuteronomy, we are to rejoice before the Lord -- "rejoice in all that ye put your hand unto, ye and your households, wherein the Lord thy God hath blessed thee."(Deuteronomy 12:7) "Ye shall rejoice before the Lord your God, ye, and your sons, and your daughters, and your menservants, and your maidservants, and the Levite that is within your gates..." (Deuteronomy 12:12) " ... and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, that [are] among you, in the place which the Lord thy God hath chosen to place His Name there." (Deuteronomy 16:11-14) Indeed, "rejoice before the Lord thy God in all that thou put thine hands unto." (Deuteronomy 12:18)

The message to the people of Israel, "And thou shalt return and obey the voice of the Lord, and do all His commandments which I command thee this day. And the Lord thy God will make thee plenteous in every work of thine hand, in the fruit of thy body, and in the fruit of thy cattle, and in the fruit of thy land, for good: for the Lord will again rejoice over thee for good, as He rejoiced over thy fathers: if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to keep His commandments and His statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul." (Deuteronomy 30:8-10)

In I Samuel, Hannah prayed, and said, "My heart rejoiceth in the Lord, mine horn is exalted in the Lord: my mouth is enlarged over mine enemies; because I rejoice in Thy salvation." (I Samuel 2:1)

"And [they] of Beth-shemesh [were] reaping their wheat harvest in the valley: and they lifted up their eyes, and saw the ark, and rejoiced to see [it]." (I Samuel 6:13)

"Then the people rejoiced, for that they offered willingly, because with perfect heart they offered willingly to the Lord: and David the king also rejoiced with great joy." (I Chronicles 29:9)

From the Psalms, wherein David rejoiced in Thy salvation:

"But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee." (Psalms 5:11)

"I will be glad and rejoice in Thee: I will sing praise to Thy name, O Thou most High." (Psalm 9:2)

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in Him, and I am helped: therefore, my heart greatly rejoices; and with my song will I praise Him." (Psalm 28:7)

"Be glad in the Lord, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart." (Psalm 32:11)

"Rejoice in the Lord, O ye righteous: for praise is comely for the upright ..." (Psalm 33:11)

"For our heart shall rejoice in Him, because we have trusted in His holy name." (Psalm 33:21)

"And my soul shall be joyful in the Lord: it shall rejoice in His salvation." (Psalm 35:9)

"But let the righteous be glad; let them rejoice before God: yea, let them exceedingly rejoice." (Psalm 68:3)

"Let all those that seek Thee rejoice and be glad in Thee: and let such as love Thy salvation say continually, Let God be magnified." (Psalm 70:4)

"I will also praise Thee with the psaltery, [even] Thy truth, O my God: unto Thee will I sing with the harp, O Thou Holy One of Israel; my lips shall greatly rejoice when I sing unto Thee; and my soul, which Thou hast redeemed; my tongue also shall talk of Thy righteousness all the day long: for they are confounded, for they are brought unto shame, that seek my hurt." (Psalm 71:22-24)

"Rejoice in the Lord, ye righteous; and give thanks at the remembrance of His holiness." (Psalm 97:12)

"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all the earth: make a loud noise, and rejoice, and sing praise." (Psalm 98:4)

"The glory of the Lord shall endure for ever: the Lord shall rejoice in his works." (Psalm 104:31)

"Glory ye in His holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the Lord." (Psalm 105:3)

"In Thy name shall they rejoice all the day: and in Thy righteousness shall they be exalted." (Psalm 89:6)

"This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." (Psalm 118:24)

"And it shall be said in that day, "Lo, this is our God;" we have waited for Him, and He will save us: this is the Lord; we have waited for Him, we will be glad and rejoice in His salvation." (Isaiah 25:9)

"... yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation." (Habakkuk 3:18)

"The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; He will save, He will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing." (Zephaniah 3:17)

"Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion: for, lo, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of thee," saith the Lord." (Zechariah 2:10)

From the New Testament:

Jesus said, "Blessed are ye, when [men] shall revile you, and persecute [you], and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for My sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you." (Matthew 5:11-12)

"And thou shalt have joy and gladness; and many shall rejoice at His birth ..." (Luke 1:14)

"... and my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour." (Luke 1:47)

"...and all the people rejoiced for all the glorious things that were done by Him." (Luke 13:17)

Jesus said, "Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day: and he saw [it], and was glad." (John 8:56)

"... by whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God." (Romans 5:2)

"... rejoice in the truth." (I Corinthians 13:6)

"holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain." (Philippians 2:16)

"Rejoice evermore." (I Thessalonians 5:16)

"... whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see [Him] not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:" (I Peter 1:8)

"... but rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ’s sufferings; that, when His glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy." (I Peter 4:13)

"Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to Him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and His wife hath made herself ready." (Revelation 19:7)

Stand in the offering plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment